With today’s energy concerns, green initiatives for improving the overall efficiency of the data center is a high priority. The facility assessment can tackle many issues involving efficiency. For example, an airflow analysis can be performed to provide valuable operating environment information.
TMI performs two different levels of assessments:
- A high-level assessment is a cursory review of the data center and support systems as a whole. Solutions to defined issues are provided with ROM budget pricing.
- A standard assessment includes a more detailed site inspection, design review, load calculations are evaluated, solutions are conceptualized, line item ROM budget pricing, and our professional opinion is provided.
FACILITY CONCEPT PLANNING
Given the importance of a typical data center project, facility planning is prioritized and commences early in the timeline of a project.
- Scope of work – Conceptual planning services provide our clients with a detailed road map for the proposed data center project.
- Conceptual Design – To develop the detailed scope of work, TMI will meet with client IT and facilities personnel to understand and document the data center and budget requirements. We then develop the conceptual design for the facility. All architectural, mechanical, electrical and other support disciplines associated with the data center are discussed, detailed and agreed upon.
- Conceptual Plans – Conceptual plans of the facility are then prepared, finalized and provided to the client. We are skilled at helping our clients determine a practical approach to designing their facility.
- Project Deliverables – The client deliverables include a floor/equipment plan, single line electrical diagram, scope of work statement, budget and milestone schedule.
- Infrastructure Concept Plan (ICP) – This plan is typically prepared, together with the FCP, to define the structured cabling and network connectivity requirements. For additional information see, Telecommunications Network and Cable Infrastructure.
- Colocation/Relocation Analysis
- Energy Efficiency Audits
- EOL Analysis
- Facility Audits/Evaluations
- Owner Advocate
- Site Evaluation, Selection, & Planning
- Space Planning
- TCO Analysis
- Architectural Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Specifications
- Mechanical/HVAC Engineering
- Peer Reviews
- Security Design
- Single Point of Failure Analysis
- Voice/Data Integration
- Construction Management
- Construction Administration
- Equipment Procurement
- Financial Project Planning
- Project Management
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Turnkey Planning & Implementation
- System(s) Testing & Commissioning